Apply today! The Director of Podcast Marketing (Audience Growth) is part of the audience development team and responsible for audience growth components of critical partnerships and networks distributed by PRX, including but not limited to Radiotopia Network; TRAX network, GBH, TED, PBS Digital Studios, and PRX Productions. The position will also work closely across some of our organizational pillars and special units, including Training, plus Leadership/Technology. This partnership will ensure we’re always raising up critical findings from past audience development campaigns to help build out stronger business development and sales planning leading to new business growth for PRX.
Another core aspect of the role is ensuring PRX is partnering with the right organizations and companies to find ways to bring forward some of PRX’s top shows and networks (i.e. film festivals, major brands looking for new content, international events, and workshops, podcast industry events, and beyond. This role also partners closely with the senior director of broadcast and podcast marketing and the audience insights analyst and oversees data collection and analysis to ensure the continued growth of all PRX shows and regular analysis to better understand campaign success.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and a creative approach to problem-solving. They will be detail and deadline-oriented and at ease with managing multiple tasks, stakeholders, and relationships.Definition of Success
- Deliver required consumer audiences to ensure broadcast, download, and live event success and advertiser and sponsor satisfaction
- Ensure smooth show onboarding and lifetime relationship management with critical PRX partners
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive data reporting and analysis for PRX distributed shows and networks
- Strive for dynamic and inspirational relationships with all members of the marketing team including digital/creative; communications; and publicity as well any vendors hired to support audience growth efforts
- Embrace, represent, and lead with PRX’s core values: Courage, Humanity, Opportunity, Purpose, and Equity (C-HOPE)
- In collaboration with the marketing team, manage all details tied to audience growth’s role with show management. Including show onboarding, monthly KPI reports to key stakeholders, audience development planning and execution, regular stakeholder and partnership calls (including third-party platforms) to ensure critical information around upcoming shows and episodes is shared out in a timely manner
- Develops broadcast, podcast, and audience acquisition strategies for top PRX, TRAX, and Radiotopia shows; manages overall audience development testing strategy -- including funnel optimization, distribution channel mix, and headline and image optimization
- Partners with the digital creative team to ensure the digital and social strategy is synched with the audience development plans
- Collaborates with content and production, marketing, and business development/partnership teams and stakeholders to develop and implement exceptional audience development and marketing campaigns for PRX’s top tier, distributed shows
- Generates, maintains, and improves the efficiency of internal show promotion and reporting out strategies
- Leads promotional partner management (podcast platforms, other podcast networks, and Public Media outlets) and collaborates with digital marketing manager and other marketing stakeholders, on promotional partner management and pitch strategy for podcasts
- Ensures podcast platform promotion outreach for top tier show launches, new seasons, special episodes and, where possible, playlists and other features are delivered
- Collaborates with Audience Insights Analyst on data management and reporting strategy for podcast properties
- Establishes, with Audience Insights Analyst, podcasts projections and goals for launches and campaigns
- Produces quarterly, bi-annual and other audience reports with the support of Audience Insights Analyst as defined
- Build potential audience prototypes and strategies to connect them with our diverse content pipeline and effectively drive audience growth
- Provides insight and data to help with cross-platform outreach including email, digital, broadcast, events, and training and optimizing outreach mix based on campaign performance
- Ensures audience growth develops and meets all goals related to show performance or alerts teams if and when goals can’t be met
- Provides regular check-in meeting structure for individual staff members to support emerging needs and priorities
- Participates in provided training and learning opportunities to improve management skills and abilities to provide ongoing staff betterment
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Knowledge
- Adaptable, flexible and persistent worker with the ability to manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively.
- Podcast and Public Media fan who is comfortable navigating across genres and formats
- Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Keen strategic thinker with ability to define and report on organizational KPIs
- An endless curiosity that drives testing, iteration and discovery in all aspects of work
- Strong communicator with the proven ability to build cohesive teams across departments
- Deep mission and impact focused work ethic
Education & Experience
- 7 years marketing experience in media or related field; ideally has had some experience with podcast marketing and audience growth
- Proven experience driving audience growth and engagement for podcasts, radio or related media products
- Strong manager with experience managing people
- Experience working with content and production units in a media environment
- Experience managing or working with talent in a media environment is a plus
PRX offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision benefits; group term life insurance; short- and long-term disability income replacement coverage; and the option to participate in savings accounts for uncovered medical expenses and related costs. These benefits are available on the first day of employment. PRX also offers a retirement plan (with employer contributions) that takes effect after 6 months of employment.
If you are interested in this role but are feeling unsure about applying for whatever reason, please reach out to us! We want our organization to reflect the wide diversity of America, and the population we tell stories with. Therefore, if you are unsure about applying we encourage you to talk to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We're committed to structuring our hiring process and company to welcome applicants of all backgrounds.
Salary ranges are dependent on location and can be given upon request. Some examples for this role are as follows: Boston, Los Angeles, or DC - $91k - $104k. Denver, Minneapolis, Chicago - $82k-$95k.