Account Supervisor, Tech and Social ImpactNew York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, Washington, DC or remote
BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes. We deliver high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top organizations and companies across a variety of industries and sectors including advocacy organizations, global tech companies, major real estate developers and progressive political candidates. BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TECH TEAM
BerlinRosen’s Technology and Innovation practice represents some of the biggest newsmakers defining the future of technology, finance, urban innovation and education. Our clients include Samsung, Sidewalk Labs, Bloomberg Media, Audible, and CornellTech, to name a few.
With a team of over 20 communications professionals, we bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications for clients in the technology sector, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup.
We are news junkies, publicists, former campaigners, journalists, and expert communications professionals obsessed with technology. We are especially excited about tech that fixes real-world problems and is poised to change the way we work and live.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for an Account Supervisor to join our rapidly growing Tech practice and support a range of diverse clients across sustainability, social impact, startups and more. The Account Supervisor will lead daily client relations, plan and execute day-to-day project deliverables, support and lead junior staff, and conceptualize strategies, pitches and media placements. This person will work closely with client leads and internal staff, delegating to peers and junior staff and develop and advance strategy with senior leaders. This is a great opportunity for someone who is well-plugged in the world of media, has a passion for mission-driven technology clients and wants to take the lead on client initiatives and work.
As an Account Supervisor on the Technology team, you will:
- Build and execute communications strategies for both long-term PR planning and company milestones.
- Conceptualize and drive new story angles and other media opportunities for clients: such as expert commentary, timely trend and feature stories, event appearances and awards.
- Write high-quality client deliverables such as press releases, talking points, op-eds and blogs with minimal oversight.
- Serve as day-to-day client contact & lead client calls, ensuring to manage client communications in a timely manner.
- Drive day-to-day execution with little guidance, while staying on track of client deliverables.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate can demonstrate or possesses the following:
- At least 4 years of experience in communications: in-house, media or journalism; PR agency experience preferred
- Has deep experience in media relations and an interest in PR for technology clients
- Has outstanding project management skills, with the ability to prioritize work streams and track progress across multiple teams
- Is an expert multitasker. You have an ability to handle multiple projects at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail
- Is a strong writer and strategic thinker. Your background in communication includes extensive experience developing sharp, compelling written content whether PR strategies, press releases, op-eds and more.
- Is a team player. You have an ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- A stipend to support your work-from-home setup