Account Director, Education and Job Access PRRemote
BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around reproductive health, rights and justice, pay equity, child care, racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
BerlinRosen’s burgeoning Future of Work team applies our advocacy-focused, mission-driven approach to some of the biggest new ideas and technologies shaping the way we live, work, and learn. Our clients represent leading companies, national progressive organizations, nonprofits and academic institutions on some of the most high-profile issues of our time.
We are news junkies, publicists, former campaigners, journalists, and expert communications professionals excited by the way technology shapes the way we work and live.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for an Account Director with an interest in shaping the new world of work to lead new account teams spanning nonprofit, advocacy and corporate clients. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience leading strategic communications strategy in fast-paced environments.
Our clients work at the forefront of national conversations around the shifting nature of work, job accessibility, and diversity and access in education. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate around sensitive social issues.
For this role, the ideal candidate has a strong, creative approach to media relations, with a developed sense of how to create and land a story with limited resources. This role will also require a developed sense of organization and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a global roster of clients and vendors for complex accounts.
The Account Director will help develop client strategy, manage staff to drive an overall work plan, lead day-to-day client relations, conceptualize pitches and media placements, and play an active role in talent and business development. Our Account Directors lead project management on 4-5 accounts and influence client communication strategies that produce major wins.
Note: This position is available for a remote location within the United States, or within one of our offices (Los Angeles, New York City, Washington, D.C.). BerlinRosen staff are currently working from home
As an Account Director, you will:
- Lead development of large-scale communications strategies along with teammates
- Drive high-touch daily client communications with the same client leads: brainstorming, flagging concerns, and problem-solving
- Manage a team of junior staff on each account you lead strategically influencing deliverables’ quality and staff development by delegating, modeling smart practices and providing feedback
- Conceptualize and drive new story angles and other media opportunities for clients: such as landing feature stories for clients even when there is no news to announce, or drafting a persuasive and compelling pitch on behalf of a client for a high-profile interview, award, or conference
- Work closely with tech management members on capacity planning to ensure that the team is being run efficiently
- Place numerous stories through persistence and creativity, identifying new targets and trying new approaches until the story is landed
- At least 6 years of experience in communications: in-house for companies or nonprofits, media or journalism ; PR agency experience preferred
- Can conceptualize, develop and produce client plans and client recommendations and present to client, executives, and partners in thoughtful formats given audience
- Effectively collaborate and gather input from peers, clients and internal staff to improve strategies and adjust as needed
- At least 1 year of experience managing a client team or equivalent
- Has a strong news savvy and knowledge of the media spanning verticals and issue areas
- Strong storytelling through op-eds, pitches, and other materials that form strong overall narratives driven by client goals
- Versatile writer with experience creating material for informal, conversational and formal settings as necessary
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement