APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
As a member of the Cloud Communications group (C2), the Azure Communications team is looking for a high-performing, communications manager to lead PR for Azure Datacenter technologies.
At Microsoft, we’re continuing to support our customers worldwide as cloud computing becomes increasingly critical to their success. We are investing heavily in existing and new cloud platform technologies and services and Azure is foundational to our efforts in empowering every person and every organization to achieve more.
The Senior Communications Manager for Azure Datacenters will assume full responsibilities for the day-to-day operations of our Azure Datacenter communications efforts, encompassing responsibility for global storytelling, news beats, and influencer inquiries for our global datacenters and related trends including sustainability, reliability, capacity, and infrastructure development. This candidate will work with engineering, marketing, global communications colleagues and others to showcase our Azure Datacenter services and how it maps to the company’s efforts.
We are looking for a skilled communicator who can translate complex technologies and concepts into simplified language and can extend storytelling to technology and business press. If you’re passionate and knowledgeable about the forefront of tech innovation and want to be on the front lines of some of the most demanding and high priority efforts in the company, then we want to talk to you.
- Lead strategy and execution for Azure Datacenter communications, including news beats and proactive storytelling efforts.
- Build and maintain a rhythm of business to support this dynamic business.
- Collaborate with business partners across marketing and engineering to develop creative, impactful programs which have resonance across international markets and support local/regional/global business objectives.
- Drive a steady cadence of proactive storytelling and thought leadership. This includes thinking outside the box about how we reach influencers in an evolving media landscape.
- Lead and guide external agency resources for media research, engagement and results measurement.
- Have a key role in leading Azure Datacenter communications at Microsoft events.
- 5 years of work experience. Experience in comms, marketing or similar function is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with or passion for cutting-edge technologies, including cloud; developer tools, services and infrastructure.
- Self-motivation, creativity, curiosity to experiment, and a positive go-getter approach are a must.
- Must be comfortable learning how to decipher and up level technical content into meaningful stories and excellent at setting (and sticking to) priorities.
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects in a fast-changing environment.
- Understanding of evolving communications trends.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.