APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, and we’re dedicated to this mission across every aspect of our company. As part of the Microsoft Communications team, you will join a group of professionals focused on telling the stories that help people fall in love with Microsoft, the things we make, and the impact we have in the world.
As part of the Work & Play group, the Xbox team is looking for an ambitious, results-driven communications professional with a passion for storytelling and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our global PR team and drive the global strategy and tactical execution for emergent gaming innovations, future technologies and corporate responsibility programs. At team Xbox, we’re on a mission to bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone on the planet.
In this high-profile, high impact role, you will partner closely with the Xbox comms and marketing teams as well as the Gaming Leadership, public affairs and Xbox Product Services engineering teams to drive storytelling around the emergent technology, policies and practices at Microsoft that will shape the future of play over the years to come. You will lead business critical larger narratives including technical innovation, accessibility, player safety and sustainability to further establish Microsoft’s role in the gaming industry. You will work with our PR agency team and public policy teams to land perception-changing stories and drive engagement strategies from the planning process through to disclosure, and beyond. You will work on multiple products and campaigns simultaneously, so the ability to partner and manage a variety of senior stakeholders and help them articulate their vision will be key. Executing programs that drive perception change, simplify complex concepts into practical use cases and reach a variety of audiences will be a top priority
- Drive global strategic comms plans for emerging future of gaming technologies
- Work across a global organization to deliver impact and influence while driving effective, integrated campaigns for player safety, accessible gaming and sustainability in gaming with respective comms, marketing, engineering, and business leads.
- Provide ongoing PR counsel, strategic vision narratives and messaging guidance to internal stakeholders, including Leadership team executives, engineering, public affairs and marketing partners
- Lead global educational comms campaigns for topics of future tech, player safety, accessible gaming and sustainability in gaming, both virtual and physical, around the world.
- Collaborate with broader communications team at Microsoft to support cross-company events and news beats
- Manage PR agency as integral members of our extended team
- Partner with Social and Community teams to create major amplification and engagement opportunities for our biggest moments.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience. BA/BS in relevant discipline required; journalism/communications background preferred.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects in a fast-changing environment.
- Understanding of evolving communications trends.
- Passion for gaming, technology innovations, pop-culture, entertainment and emerging regulatory trends.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, including the ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Proven track record juggling multiple priorities and stakeholders and international teams.
- 5-7 years of experience managing major consumer brands and/or entertainment franchises, with familiarity in how content supports platforms.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team and across organizational boundaries.
- Exemplary media relations, writing and communication skills; experience working with content creators/influencers is a plus.
- Proven track record for new, innovative approaches and smart risk taking.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.