McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to foster community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here.
McDonald’s seeks a Manager, Corporate Communications for its Global Communications team. This position will lead the development and execution of proactive, long-term communication plans around elements of McDonald’s growth strategy and enterprise initiatives for internal and external audiences. You will manage relationships with cross-functional partners, including McDonald’s Legal and Finance departments, to build communications campaigns around key business priorities, develop communications materials (key messages/narratives, Q&A documents), and help shape engagement plans.
In addition, the person in this role will manage events and tools that keep McDonald’s employees and stakeholders engaged around our corporate strategy. They will lead Global Employee Town Halls and play a key role in McDonald’s System events, such as McDonald’s biennial Worldwide Convention, annual shareholders’ meeting and investor updates.
This position will be based in Chicago, IL and report directly to the Director, Business Communications. You will be a member of the broader Global Communications team.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute integrated, global communications strategies for key enterprise priorities that span internal and external audiences
- Reach and influence target audiences by developing and delivering on messaging, creative storytelling, channel strategies and content plans
- Collaborate with Global Communications sub-teams and subject matter experts to identify opportunities to proactively communicate on enterprise priorities
- Drive and execute Global Employee Town Halls, working with agency partners and McDonald’s in-house creative agency, managing event timelines and deliverables
- Manage communications workstreams for additional System events, including McDonald’s biennial Worldwide Convention, annual shareholders’ meeting and investor updates
- Create key event materials, including key messages, scripts, talking points, presentations, videos, and creative assets
- Develop strategies for providing tools and resources to global leaders, including managing McDonald’s Leadership Communications Portal
- Partner with Executive Communications to support executive positioning and thought leadership opportunities for relevant leaders
- Work with cross-functional partners to manage inbound requests
- Regularly set and deliver against internal and external metrics/KPIs for communications plans to drive brand trust and confidence in McDonald’s business and leadership
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Deep communications expertise that is global in nature with internal and external experience and a demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories.
- Experience managing internal and external corporate events, including employee town halls, leadership meetings, financial events or large-scale meetings or conventions
- Natural storyteller with excellent written and oral communications skills, including an ability to convey complex issues in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Self-starter with strong sense of initiative, focused on results; ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and, at times, within ambiguous and undefined circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build trust and influence with leaders and collaborators at all levels.
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, while being flexible, collaborative and deadline-driven.