If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the "Contact Us" section.
2. Information Collection.
A. Information You Provide.
We collect information about you when you use the Service, including information you provide when you register an account, update your profile, access our content, make a purchase, participate in a promotion, contact customer support, or apply for internships, jobs, and other opportunities. The categories of information we collect, and have collected in the past 12 months, include:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Account Credentials, including your username, password, password hints, and information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data, including your age, gender, and country.
- Billing Data, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments.
- Profile Data, including your profile picture, interests, inferences, preferences, and favorites. When you complete your profile, you have the option to share with us additional information, such as details about your personality, lifestyle, interests, employment and education history, and other self-identified diversity details about you and your background. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album, or your other social media profiles. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered "special" or "sensitive" in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly post on the Service (such as in product reviews or blog comments). We also collect content within any messages you exchange with other users and potential employers through the Service (such as if you use our chat functionality).
- Personal Contacts Data, including the first and last name, email address, and phone number of your personal contacts. We collect data about your contacts with your consent and in order to fulfill a request by you, such as finding your contacts on the Service or inviting your contacts to join the Service. Such functionality is only intended for U.S. residents. By using this functionality, you acknowledge and agree that both you and your contacts are based in the U.S. and that you have your contacts’ consent for us to use their contact information to fulfill your request.
- Employment Data, including your employment and education history, extracurricular activities, transcript, writing samples, references, eligibility for employment, status under protected classifications, and updates to your employment status or other information in your profile.
You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
B.Information Collected Automatically.
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Service. The categories of information we automatically collect, and have collected in the past 12 months, include:
- Service Use Data, including data about features you use, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, products and services you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad Id.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level) and, with your consent, precise location data (such as latitude/longitude data).
The types of tracking technologies we use to automatically collect information include:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service.
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Service. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
- Location-Identifying Technologies, which are technologies used to collect your location. For example, GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth may be used to collect precise location data when you consent to precise location tracking. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.