Who We Are
Allison+Partners is a global marketing and communications agency driven by a collaborative approach to innovation and creativity. In our highly entrepreneurial environment, employees (or A+Pers) are encouraged to pursue their individual passions and are empowered to truly do things differently. Our team members create new offerings, seek out and work with clients they’re passionate about, volunteer in local communities and drive cross-office committees focused on making our workplace inclusive, supportive and fun.
The purpose of this position is to think strategically, bringing Purpose, sustainability and industry expertise and valued insight to the ﬁrm and clients.
This is the entry-level senior team position and is the ﬁrst step an Allison+Partners team member takes towards an executive position. At this stage, the team member has chosen a speciﬁc practice area on which to focus and will be responsible for the growth of that group in a much more meaningful way than ever before.
No longer focused solely on doing client work and managing account teams across a variety of categories, the director must take on a speciﬁc specialty area and hone their expertise via professional society participation, conference attendance and regular consumption of industry publications. The director begins to have team members report directly to them, and this is their ﬁrst chance to formally conduct employee interviews, reviews and other senior-level tasks.
The expectations of this role are an active pursuit of training in a chosen practice area, as well as development of a prospect list of potential new business that the director would work closely with their SVP and GM to pursue.
Finally, the director is expected to begin to take on additional ofﬁce-wide responsibilities including training, team building, committee work and the like.
What You’ll Do
- Actively participates on or leads an Allison+Partners’ committee
- Identiﬁes and secures new business and must help drive pitch preparation and presentation/proposal development as well as be seen as an active voice in presentations
- Responsible for growing existing accounts and identifying clients’ growing needs which may match the company’s larger portfolio of offerings
- Be well-versed in all of the agency’s offerings – including capabilities and work outside of their chosen practice area
- Able to deftly conceive integrated programs for clients – ones that extend beyond traditional PR tactics and speak to multiple platforms
- Oversees account staﬀ in the successful management of their respective accounts
- Provides framework for tracking and measuring client results; markets back to clients
- Maintains frequent client contact, serving as the key day-to-day; Assists in matters concerning client conﬂict and concerns
- Responsible for account budgets and expenses (OOP and billable), flagging overages prior to month’s end and managing the account team’s hours on a weekly basis
- Remains connected to industry, clients, and media
- Assists with professional development programs for ﬁrm (e.g. leading lunch and learns, working with leadership to develop new programs, etc.)
- Empowers account staﬀ to learn and continue polishing professional skills, including identifying those speciﬁc needs and areas for improvement
- Works on building a core industry expertise and is proven to be active in networking and new business via measureable results
- Promotes and upholds Allison+Partners’ core values
What You’ll Need
- Prior extensive managerial experience is required to fill a director level role in a communications function such as public relations, media relations, journalism, corporate communications or with a relevant marketing services agency
- Big picture perspective
- Well-developed people skills
- Creative problem solver
- Solution-minded; embraces new methodologies
- Thinks strategically
- Values creativity
- Adaptable; invites change
- Motivated; motivates others
- Sound decision-maker
- Strong writer with excellent presentation skills
- Unlimited PTO
- Month-long Sabbatical
- Active Employee Advocacy Groups
- Globally Driven DEI Initiatives
- Allison University
- Learning and Development programs
- Wellness Wednesdays and Summer Fridays
- 20-week paid primary parental leave
At Allison+Partners, We See Things Differently
We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind and are committed towards building an agency where everyone is welcome, and every voice is heard. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
If you're interested in this position, please email me at email@example.com or apply directly through LinkedIn at our Jobs Page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/allison-partners/jobs/.