BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes. We deliver high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top organizations and companies across a variety of industries and sectors including advocacy organizations, global tech companies, major real estate developers and progressive political candidates. BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TECH TEAM
BerlinRosens burgeoning technology and innovation practice represents some of the biggest newsmakers defining the future of technology, finance, work, education, media, and urban innovation. Our clients include Samsung, Sidewalk Labs, Bloomberg Media, General Assembly, Per Scholas, Audible, and LinkNYC, to name a few.
With a team of over 20 communications professionals, we bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications for clients in the technology sector, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup.
We are news junkies, publicists, former campaigners, journalists, and expert communications professionals obsessed with tech. We are especially excited about tech that fixes real-world problems and is poised to change the way we work and live.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our rapidly growing Tech PR team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with 2-3 years of communications experience looking to strengthen their media relationships, own writing projects including op-eds, conference and awards submissions, messaging and creative pitch development across a variety of subjects. Our Account Executive will pitch and land high-impact media placements, and produce a wide range of expert deliverables that result in big client wins.
Note: BerlinRosen is remote through at least August 2021. This role will be based in New York, New York when we return to our offices (late summer 2021).
As an Account Executive on the Technology team, you will:
- Proactively conceptualize and drive submitting clients conferences and awards platforms, as well as other media opportunities for clients in addition to owning the process to garner industry accolades and speaking opportunities that highlight a variety of client initiatives, landing feature stories for clients even when there is no news to announce, or drafting a persuasive and compelling pitch on behalf of a client for a high-profile interview.
- Drive day-to-day communications with clients with little guidance and stay on track of client deliverables
- Develop impeccable insights-driven media research and analysis that can be quickly used to inform key client strategies and presentations
- Draft high-quality client deliverables without any typos or mistakes, including talking points, op-eds, and media plans
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate can demonstrate or possesses the following:
- 2-3 years of experience in tech communications: in-house for tech companies, media or journalism covering tech; PR agency experience preferred
- Strong storytelling and media relations skills must be able to provide examples of op-eds, pitches, and other materials that clearly demonstrate these skills
- Recent experience working directly with clients in demanding and dynamic situations
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, and more
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to become a savvy and nimble student of the news and quickly identify new media opportunities and narratives to insert our clients voices into the news cycle
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement