The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a federally funded, private, nonprofit grantmaking organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Communications and Outreach Assistant for the World Movement for Democracy. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Communications and Outreach Assistant will provide communications and administrative support to the World Movement for Democracy team.
- Assist with the creation of communication products by:
- Writing social media posts, and conducting social media listening,
- Drafting and issuing of bi-weekly e-newsletters and advocacy alert messages,
- Assisting with regular maintenance and development of the World Movement websites, and,
- Contributing to the coordination for producing videos and podcasts,
- Maintain World Movement’s social media properties and track metrics for all communication platforms.
- Provide assistance on logistical preparations for the World Movement’s meetings held in different global regions.
- Perform general administrative duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field required, communications or international relations preferred.
- Some communications and/or administrative support experience required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and social media required.
- Experience with using social media tools in a professional setting preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- Strong writing skills.
- Basic knowledge of global political developments, particularly concerning democratization and human rights, required.
- Proficiency in a language in addition to English, not required, but preferred
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task, set priorities, and organize time efficiently required.
- Interested in learning new digital tools as our World Movement team acquires them, from content creation tools like Canva to administrative tracking tools like Smartsheet
- Strong ability to be a team player and self-starter, working independently in a multicultural environment.
This position is part of the NED Bargaining Unit.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, desired salary, and contact information for three professional references, one of which should be a supervisor. Please, no phone calls. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org or email@example.com.
The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.