BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America's best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 220 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The New York Regional Advocacy team works on clients ranging from major civic and cultural institutions to companies, nonprofits and labor unions that are impacting the top policy issues of the day and everything in between. Weve worked to elevate the needs of young people aging out of foster care, reform the criminal legal system, and advocate for vulnerable New Yorkers experiencing homelessness in city and state budget and legislative campaigns. We've also led the push to legalize cannabis in two states with an eye on equity, helped a joint venture win its bid for the second largest wind farm in the country and development of offshore wind energy and even helped to launch the MTAs new card payment option called OMNY. We have a highly collaborative and close knit team and are looking for a team member who can thrive in a dynamic, fun and supportive environment.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Supervisor to support our work on offshore wind, criminal legal system reform, cannabis industry equity and legal representation for families in the child welfare system, as well as other issue areas noted above.
Do you want to change policy in New York City and statewide, across the Northeast and in Washington, DC? Are you excited to gain deep knowledge of energy issues? Do you want to shape integrated campaigns that are equally reliant on smart media relations, thought leader elevation, third-party recruitment, engaging digital content and be supported by a fun and dynamic team? If so, this is the job for you.
Note: This role is fully remote within the U.S. on Eastern Time, and will be based in New York, New York when we return to our offices in a hybrid model (date TBD). Our return to office plan is contingent on public health safety protocols. On an optional basis, our NY office is currently open to staff (with proof of vaccination).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Account Supervisor on our New York Regional Advocacy team, you will
- Lead projects and collaborate with colleagues to advance the communications strategy for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Implement integrated campaigns that leverage public affairs, media and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Engage and maintain strong relationships with key reporters
- Advise clients on how to reach target audiences using a variety of digital tactics
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications plans
- 4-6+ years of relevant work experience in strategic communications, digital campaigning or media relations
- Strong news sense and knowledge of the media
- Familiarity with digital campaigns and social media platforms
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Multi-tasks easily; has the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details
- Understands the intersection of racial and economic justice
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including...
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement and a commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-sponsored Talkspace membership
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement