Pushkin Industries is an audio production company dedicated to creating premium content in a collaborative environment. Co-founded by Malcolm Gladwell and Jacob Weisberg in 2018, Pushkin has launched eight shows into Apple Podcasts’ Top 10 chart (Against the Rules, The Happiness Lab, Broken Record, Solvable, Cautionary Tales, Deep Cover, The Last Archive, and Lost Hills), in addition to the hugely successful Revisionist History. Pushkin’s growing audiobook catalogue includes the bestselling biography “Fauci,” by Michael Specter and “The Bomber Mafia” by Malcolm Gladwell. Pushkin is dedicated to producing audio in any format that challenges listeners and inspires curiosity and joy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Pushkin is looking for an ace marketer to help support audience growth across its broad slate of podcasts. This person will be primarily responsible for supporting the launches of new shows, and growing the audience for seasonal and “always on” existing shows. The Assistant Marketing Manager will develop strategies to identify, reach, convert, engage and retain listeners through paid, owned, shared, earned channels, events, and partnerships. They will also build strong relationships with podcast talent, distribution platforms, and industry players to drive growth for each Pushkin podcast.
The ideal candidate is a strategic, analytical, and hard-working networker and podcast enthusiast who enjoys connecting creators with loyal, sizable audiences. They are constantly learning, tech-savvy, and love experimenting with new ideas, platforms, or marketing strategies while optimizing tried and true methods. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Work closely with our Director of Marketing to design, execute, and monitor customized, comprehensive, and innovative marketing plans for Pushkin podcasts to drive awareness and growth
- Execute a wide range of campaign activity including arranging promo swaps, executing media buys, and brainstorming social media and email marketing ideas to ensure timely kickoffs and measurable success
- Use campaign data to evaluate ROI on paid strategies
- Manage awards calendar, submissions, and other industry opportunities
- Develop a solid understanding of the competitive podcast landscape and develop compelling positioning
- Create evergreen, episode-specific promos to increase downloads and back catalog listening
- Build and maintain strong relationships with distribution platforms (i.e. Spotify, Apple, etc.), top shows and podcast networks,and other relevant industry players to drive innovative partnerships that expand Pushkin’s audience and build brand equity.
- Provide clear internal communications so production and business teams are up-to-date on marketing activities
- Collaborate with hosts as well as marketing, PR, production, and design colleagues to ensure consistent messaging across shows and the Pushkin brand
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3-5 years of growth marketing or audience development experience, and/or marketing experience in entertainment, podcasting, or digital media
- Proven track record building partnerships and co-marketing opportunities
- Experience using third-party data tools like Google Analytics, Facebook/Twitter analytics to report the efficacy of campaigns
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Quick thinker, creative problem solver and expert multi-tasker
- Demonstrated self-starter who displays confidence and adaptability in setting priorities, dealing with shifting deadlines, and seeking out new opportunities without direct oversight
- A passion for podcasting and an understanding of the industry
- Experience using software like Photoshop, Canva, etc. to help create collateral like graphics, audiograms, etc. for use by the marketing team a plus
- Experience using reporting tools like Megaphone and Chartable a plus
- Relationships with podcast teams at other networks a plus
This is a full-time staff position that will be based in New York, NY-- though we expect this role to start remotely, and we will be flexible to remote arrangements on a longer-term basis. We're committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace for all of our employees. You can read about our diversity principles here. Compensation will comprise a competitive base salary, stock options, full benefits (medical, dental, vision), and eligibility for an annual performance bonus. Pushkin employees receive four weeks of paid vacation, inclusive of a Pushkin-wide holiday break where the entire company closes so that everyone can truly relax and recharge.