LivCor, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a real estate asset management business specializing in multi-family housing. Formed in 2013 and headquartered in Chicago, LivCor is currently responsible for a portfolio of over 300 Class A and B properties comprising more than 100,000 units in markets across the United States.
Our business is focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Here’s a bit more about the role:
- We are looking for a creative thinker and doer with a keen interest in supporting organizations in all aspects of communication, including employee and community engagement; executive communications; and crisis/issues management.
- The successful candidate is a team player with a can-do attitude and the ability to work across silos and projects, who can deliver effective communications on deadline in a fast-paced environment. In plain speak, this means you don’t have a big ego, can handle quick deadlines, and you’re comfortable occasionally dealing with things outside of normal hours.
- At first, you won’t own strategy, but over time this will be a growth opportunity. This role is all about executing exceptionally well.
- Outstanding writing skills are necessary. It would be even better if you are broadly creative – really, we are looking for a storyteller who knows when something would be best communicated as a video vs. an email. vs. a graphic vs. a Dad joke (or maybe your answer is, “all of things”). We need someone who can think creatively about the best way to execute in any given moment.
- Sometimes, you will own the ideas and drive their execution. In other situations, you will be refining others’ work. You should be OK with both – this is a strongly collaborative role.
Only read further if you are:
- Smart with Heart
You should be:
- Authentic. You do you. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believes that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized
- Gumby. Things change.
What you will do:
- Own tactical execution of social media posting, monitoring, community management, and reporting.
- Own writing and executing internal communications materials, and coordinate execution of bi-weekly all-hands meeting.
- Help develop communication materials for members of the leadership team, including newsletters, talking points, Q&As, etc.
- Support preparation of materials for key announcements, launches, and media initiatives.
- Take turns with media monitoring duties, including alternating evening and weekends.
- Assist with crisis response/issues management; ideally you learn skills in this area to develop ownership of some issues.
What you should have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required (discipline agnostic if you can demonstrate a passion for storytelling, communications, and sharp critical analysis skills.)
- Three to five years’ experience in a fast-paced, corporate environment.
- Experience in any of the following is helpful but not required: government/political campaigns, private equity, financial services, or commercial real estate.
- Exceptional executive presence, including experience supporting senior business leaders with communications.
- Truly outstanding writing and multimedia storytelling skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion for reader/consumer experience.
- Knowledge of social media, digital engagement, and strategic best practices for communications, reader engagement, and user experience.
- Helpful if you have photography/videography/content creation experience.
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft Office; helpful if you have experience with Adobe Creative Cloud apps.
- Ambition without ego.
- It would be a real plus if you are funny.
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
- Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
- Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
- Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
- Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
- Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email email@example.com.