The marketing coordinator works across the PRX portfolio on all show promotion activities with a focus on Radiotopia and other key priorities with strategic oversight from the Senior Director of Audience Growth & Marketing. This role collaborates across the marketing team and with external partners.
The ideal candidate possesses strong communication skills, the ability to build and manage multiple relationships and a creative approach to problem-solving.
Definition of Success
- Securing successful podcast cross-promotions
- Contributing to multiple, successful new show and season launches throughout the year
- Successful support of assigned podcast partners with a focus on Radiotopia network shows
- Supports Senior Director of Audience Growth & Marketing on show and network marketing strategies
- Maintains a database of shows and networks outside of the PRX network to develop, pitch, and execute cross-promotion campaigns
- Coordinates information gathering for podcast platform promotion outreach for show launches, new seasons, special episodes, and, when possible, playlists and other features
- Drafts Radiotopia’s monthly newsletter The Citizen and creates original social media copy for Radiotopia’s social media channels
- Traffics cross-promotion requests including asset delivery in collaboration with partners and PRX AdOps teams
- Tracks data and creates reports on show performance and marketing KPIs and reports with Senior Director of Audience Growth & Marketing and Audience Insights Analyst
- Collaborates with the marketing team to develop and implement exceptional online and offline marketing campaigns for shows and the network, as assigned
- Maintains and manages positive and productive relationships by handling questions and concerns of assigned show podcasters and producers with speed, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Maintains streamlined process to collect digital assets from producers and partners in a timely fashion for promotion
Education & Experience:
- 2 or more years experience working on marketing or promotion campaigns that use digital or emerging platforms to reach audiences
- Copywriting, including blog or newsletter writing for brands, is a plus
- Experience managing and reporting performance data for podcasts, social media, video or other similar industries
Skills & Knowledge:
- Highly motivated with the ability to engage and inspire others
- Clear communication and strong writing skills
- Outstanding problem-solver, comfortable navigating changing priorities, and deadlines.
- Interest in trends in media, marketing, content consumption, and distribution.