Vice President, Strategy
McPherson Strategies is hiring a Vice President, Strategy who can help us drive results for our clients in the social impact space and shape the future of the agency. We’re looking for a big picture thinker who will inspire and guide the team to do meaningful, creative and strategic work for our clients.
- Serve as an idea generator, strategic sounding board and problem solver across the organization.
- Partner with teams to co-create communications strategies, messaging and campaigns (especially at the beginning of engagements), and check in on progress at regular intervals.
- Consult with client teams throughout engagements to push us to think bigger and outside the box to drive results; guide others in this type of thinking.
- Connect the dots between clients and identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Advise on or help create copy, creative direction and for important campaigns and initiatives.
- Partner with the CEO to create interactive workshops and experiences.
For and with the team:
- Identify growth opportunities for the team and work with Operations Manager to create training programs and experiences to support professional development.
- In collaboration with CEO and Vice President, Growth & Operations, participate in strategic planning on topics including agency growth, staffing, team retreats, agency marketing and other important opportunities or challenges.
- Advise on content and structure for strategy template documents that can help us be more streamlined and efficient in our work.
- Facilitate project post mortems; advise on best practices and lessons learned, and how to implement into our process going forward.
- Manage 3-4 team members and help support their growth and development.
Business cultivation :
- Participate in new business planning and meetings; work closely with VP, Growth & Operations on the strategic and creative ideation aspect of proposals.
- Support new business and contribute to a healthy new business pipeline by bringing new clients to the agency.
- Ample experience working in communications, with a preference for fast-paced agency experience
- The ability to think strategically, creatively and outside the box — and guide others to do the same
- Outstanding written, verbal and oral communications skills; the ability to inspire and present information in a digestible way
- Effective project management skills and the ability to adapt to changing needs and numerous assignments
- Savvy interpersonal skills and ability to manage a diverse set of stakeholder relationships
- Ability to generate ideas on-the-spot
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- A deep curiosity and diligent following of current news events and media platforms/programs
- Experience and ability to work effectively with a remote team
- Passion for social impact, movement building, creating meaningful and progressive change
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- A strong work ethic and a commitment to providing quality work to McPherson Strategies teams and clients
Sound like you? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief note about why you think you’re right for the gig.
The salary range for this position is $150,000-$170,000, with eligibility for a discretionary year-end bonus.
We offer healthcare benefits, paid leave, professional development and technology budgets, plenty of fun, and the option to participate in the company’s matching 401k plan.
McPherson Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are also proud to be a certified B Corporation, having recently met the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.